Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Beautiful Story . . .

There is something about a beautiful story told in a beautiful way with captivating pictures to accompany . . .


Elena Pasquali weaves the traditional folktale of "The Three Trees" in such a way that you are lead on a journey. The artwork is drawn by Sophie Windham and the pictures are soft yet breathtaking. Haley (my five year old) and I snuggled on the couch and read this book. She said, "Mommy, I like this book . . . I want to read it again!" You know you've found a winner when the five year old wants to hear it again.

And more than just a re-told tale, the message of "The Three Trees" is one that you will be inspired by and will not forget. It is an incredibly visual way to share the message of Christ and what really matters in our lives - a different approach than the world's view of success.

If you've not heard the story or have heard it a million times before, this telling by Elena is worth the read. You will not be disappointed (and neither will your kiddos).

Normally, I'd have a give-a-way of the book I've been sent by the publisher but we are all so smitten with this story that I don't think it will leave our home!! You can find this book for sale on Amazon or through Kregel publishing. Christmas is coming and I can't think of a more beautiful story to add to your family's library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.