Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Rainy Saturday Daybook

Outside my window...
Wet, wet and more wet. We had some snowy rain (of which the girls were debating whether to call it swain or row) and we were hoping for some sticking on the ground. Not yet - the weather man says maybe tomorrow . . . or the next day . . . or some other day . . .

I am thankful for...
Friends that make you laugh so hard your face hurts the next day. Then they start your day off with a smile by sending a text saying how much their face hurts from laughing so hard the day before. You know who you are . . . I'm thankful for you.

I am thinking about...
Chore charts. I don't require the girls to do enough around here to help. They are plenty old enough to take care of some things around the house. If I do my job well as a mom, I will eventually work myself out of a job. (at least the dishes and laundry . . . someday?!)

Learning all the time...
That I take on to much and wear myself out to the point of exhaustion. This is not a new revelation. But for some reason I never get the point . . . or when I do, it doesn't last very long. Why do I have to fall on my tush again to remind myself? A nap is in my future. I'm exhausted.

From the kitchen...
Homemade bread. I got a bread maker for Christmas. I feel like such an amazing house wife when I serve my family fresh homemade bread. (Don't tell them I just poured in a box and pushed a button ok?!)


I am creating . . .
A blanket. I realized it's been a long time since I've sat down and crocheted. I love doing it, it's relaxing and the finished product is quite fun.


I am working on...
The 2012 calendar. There's something rewarding to me to fill in the new boxes with our family's activities (must be the type A ocd list making side of me?!). I got a new calendar that has a meal planner, grocery list and to do list attached. It's wonderful. I wish I would have invented it.

I am going...
To take a nap. Enough said.

I am hoping...
That we have a wonderful long weekend as a family. Tonight it's nachos for dinner and a family game. I love these people I get to live with!!

I am reading...
Love that Multiplies by The Duggars. I know they are a bit controversial. People love them or hate them. People agree with them or think they are crazy. I happen to love them and am amazed by the way their family works together, loves eachother and stands by their convictions. Having 19 kids is not for me . . . but I greatly admire the principles they are raising their children with and learn something new each time I watch them. I'm also starting the Narnia series with Hannah. It's been a while since we've sat down and read a chapter book together. I miss the snuggling time and the connection a good story can make.

I am praying for...
My dear sweet friend Meaghan. On her way down the stairs to do laundry, she fell and broke her ankle. And when I say broke her ankle, I mean really broke her ankle. The ER doctors said this kind of break is usually only seen in major car accidents. She's already had two surgeries and will be laid up for a loooong time. Moral of the story: Don't do your laundry!!
 
I am hearing...
The washer and dryer. I am backed up with laundry as all my spare seconds have been spent on setting up our new home. I guess we need clothes. Wait!! Reference Meaghan's story above. I am not ever doing laundry again. Sorry family.

Around the house...
It feels wonderful. I sooo love our new home. I can't say it enough. God is so good. Our furniture is in place. The walls are painted. Family pictures are hanging on the walls. We are home. And it feels incredible.

One of my favorite things...
My new Keurig coffee machine. My hubby surprised me with this incredible invention for my birthday. I can't get enough of it. I want to make 5 cups of coffee a day just because I love it so much. We even found hot chocolate, apple cider and green tea. It's so fun!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Hannah started basketball again and we've been having so much fun cheering at the games. Haley took some pictures with  my phone today. Go Hot Tamales!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.