Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February Day Book

Finally . . . a new post!!


Outside my window...

 

Well . . . I can't see because my blinds are closed. (It's night time so I'm assuming it's dark?!)

I am thankful for..

 

God's incredible ability to heal. Not only have I been asthma flare up free for a loooong time, I've been walking to school (2 miles round trip) 3-5 days a week for the last couple months and am feeling great. I am even able to Zumba again - truly something I thought I'd never ever be able to do again. I've been going strong about four weeks now and even stay for a half hour boot camp. I never knew I could plank for so long!

I am thinking about...

 

My day at the middle school tomorrow. Travis is back to coaching so he's pretty busy in the afternoon/evenings and baby sitters are crazy expensive these days (I remember being thrilled to make $2 an hour!!) so instead of planning a big date, for Valentine's Day I'm heading to school with Travis to work out all day with 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. I'm hoping to kick their booties . . . pray for endurance!

From the kitchen...

 

Costco's rotisserie chicken. If you haven't yet discovered this less than $5 incredibly moist and delicious dinner yet, where have you been? 

I am creating...

 

A chore chart. I am tired of doing all the work around here by myself. And I don't want another sticker system I have to keep track of. But I don't want to have to remind my kids a billion times to get done what I've decided they need to do. My brilliant friend (yes Bri - I think you're brilliant) has an easy peasy piece of paper on her fridge with a chore each day for the kids (and for mom) to keep things simple and get things done. In her house, nothing else happens until chores are done. After school, you get a snack, then get on your chores - do not pass go - do not get $200 . . . do your chores and do it with joy. We'll see how this goes. 

I am reading...

 

Just finished Safe Haven by Nicolas Sparks (Not usually a huge reader of his books but had multiple friends tell me I had to read it so away I read - a day and a half later, with my heart pounding in my chest, I finished this suspenseful book and can't wait for our girls night out to watch it in the theater on Saturday!)
I'm on to I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag by Jennifer Gilbert. So far I like it a lot.


I am praying for...

 

A friend going through a tough time but also praising the strength and peace she's been given.

I am hearing...

 

Nothing . . . quiet is my favorite.

Around the house...

 

Kitchen - a mess. Family room - a mess. Laundry room - a mess. Upstairs - a mess. Getting the picture?

One of my favorite things...

 

Text messaging. It's a fun way to check in throughout the day with friends and family. It makes me smile to hear that little sound letting me know there is another little letter to read. (I love getting mail so I guess this fills that love)

 

A few plans for the rest of the week...

 

Basketball practice, Zumba, Hannah's last game of the season, movie date with some of my favorite ladies, church and a quick visit from Grandma on Sunday. (ie: comings and goings as usual) We're at a neat stage of life where everyone is busy but we're all busy together. I loved when the girls were little - there is nothing more precious than holding a baby to me! But it's also great now that the girls are getting older and able to have conversations and participate in great activities. (Haley had a choir concert on Tuesday and it was amazing to watch my "little baby" stand so confidently up on that stage and sing her little heart out!!)

Some Pictures I am sharing with you...

 

Mom and "Miss Bri" waiting for the show to start
Haley and her best friend Lily singing their little hearts out
First grade singing "Wags the Dog"
Haley's incredible first grade teacher Mrs. Rosson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.