Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Although I am not one of those people who has to have the box of chocolates and mandatory bouquet of flowers because it's the day of love, we had a wonderful time celebrating Valentine's Day this year. (Don't get me wrong - I love a box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers - just would love them on a random Wednesday just because . . . )

On Sunday, my incredibly romantic husband (all throughout the year), planned a wonderful day away. After church, we took the girls out to lunch at Panera (a super yummy soup, salad, and sandwich place) then took them to Barnes and Noble to each pick out their own new books. We then dropped the kiddos off at Grandma's and headed to walk around Pike Street Market. We had a wonderful time taking in all the sights and sounds. We then had dinner at Benni Hanna . . .the Japanese steak house that chops, cooks, and entertains right at your table. We had a blast and the food was incredible. I can't tell you how nice it was to spend the afternoon and evening with the love of my life - we've now had 11 Valentine's Days together . . . and what a sweet celebration it was after such a long hard couple years of health drama. 

Yesterday it was the girls turn to surprise Daddy. After school, I took the girls to the Dollar Tree to pick out a few decorations. They chose a balloon . . .


A "True Love" banner and blow up heart . . .


 And we ordered a heart pizza from Papa Murphys . . .


Daddy came home with personalized cards for all of us (Tinker Bell for Hannah, Snow White for Haley and a hilarious Twilight card for Momma) and we enjoyed a night of family fun . . . I guess I take it back . . . I am one of those sappy people who likes the effort on this day . . . Happy Valentines Day (and may it last throughout the year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.