Friday, May 11, 2012

New Motivation

Last Saturday, my mom, sister, and I went for a 5K walk. Are you kidding me? A 5K walk? My mom found it, asked if we wanted to do it, and away we went. And to be honest, I wasn't really sure how long or hard a 5K walk would be . . . or whether or not I could complete such an endeavor . . . but away we went.






And we did it!! 3 1/2 miles in 40 minutes!! I wasn't out of breath, I didn't use my inhaler once, I didn't fall down in the middle and it was so successful and exciting that I made a new commitment. I am going to walk at least 3 times a week. Rain or Shine. Long or Short. Fun or Hard. With the family or a chatty friend. The point is - to walk. It will be great for my energy, my lungs, my body, my attitude, and my life. This week, on Monday I walked to pick the girls up from school. On Tuesday, I met a friend and we walked a little over three miles on a beautiful trail not far from our home. On Thursday, I met another friend with our kiddos. They biked and we walked. And today, beautiful sunny Friday, I'm going to walk and pick up the kids again. I know it's only the first week but I know that I can do this - three days a week is not an unreachable expectation. SO away I go. . . with new motivation to continue getting healthier and stronger. I'm so excited and thankful for the team of friends and family that are on board - keeping me accountable and joining me on lots of walks. And I can't wait to see what happens over the next couple months. Happy Walking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.