Friday, September 7, 2012

The Big Day Is Here

I think I blinked to fast. My little tiny baby girls started first grade and fourth grade on Wednesday this week . . . how is that possible?

It was a day full of excitement, anticipation, trepidation, and yes, I am wearing sunglasses inside . . . could I walk them to their classes? Nope. Could I take a picture with their teacher? Nope. Could I say anything besides waving before turning around and bolting for the door? Nope. Could I say hi to the scores of friends coming through the door? Nope. Get the picture?

I held it together and was very excited for them the night before as we packed up back packs and that morning as they donned their first day of school outfits proudly but as I turned around and walked away from that school, away from those two little girls who I've held in my arms since the day they were born, and started another new chapter, I found myself more emotional than I thought. My oldest has one more year of elementary before she embarks onto middle school. My littlest has transitioned to every day all day school which means a partial empty nest. I know this is how life goes and I know that if I do my job well as a parent I will work myself out of a job. I know this year will be full of learning and growth and discovery . . . but don't ask me how I'm doing with this adjustment for another week or two ok?

To my amazing beautiful sweet girls, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid for the Lord, your God, will be with you where ever you go." Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.