Friday, January 8, 2010

Morning Attitude . . .




My dear sweet Haley (4) has started a new tradition of announcing her attitude right from the start . . . two days ago, she said, "Today is going to be a terrible day . . . it's not going to be a great day for me." And wouldn't you know it - her determination was right. She was overly sensitive to everything and had a difficult time transitioning to anything. Yesterday, she woke up by saying, "This day is going to be difficult." Now why a four year old has determined to be so pessimistic right from the start, I'm not sure but wouldn't you know it, it was a difficult day for her . . . TODAY - I decided to change her strategy . . . she woke up and began to announce, with doom and gloom, I'm sure, her morning prediction. I stopped her mid-sentence and said, "Do you think today might be okay?" She put a great amount of thought into this idea and eventually conceded by saying, "Yup . . . I think today just might be okay." Mini celebration - who knows? Tomorrow might just be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.