Friday, April 13, 2012

Beautiful April Day Book

Outside my window...
The Sun - the Sun - the beautiful Sun. We have had the weirdest weather this year. There has been rain, hail, crazy wind, beautiful sun, warmth, cold and everything in between (and that was just this week!!)

I am thankful for...
Our beautiful home . . . it is so restful and peaceful. The dining room is surrounded with windows so having them all open on a day like today is so recharging.

I am thinking about...

Nothing . . . and it's quite blissful. My thoughts sometimes take over my head and I'm running to do lists, conversations, schedules and it's exhausting. To sit in quiet and enjoy the moment is . . . well blissful!

From the kitchen...
A messy pot from mac and cheese. Haley's favorite . . . enough said.

I am creating . . .
Memories with my kids. I am so much better at spontaneous adventures after going through such a long period of hibernating. It's sunny outside? We're walking to school at the last minute. We want some new books? Off to the library we go. We want a crazy fun snack? Belt sushi is just around the corner. We read a story that has a recipe in the back . . . sounds like fun? Let's go to the store to get supplies and make it. I'm not always perfect (but I've long since let that word go - at least I try) . . . but life is so much more fun when you focus on making memories instead of making check lists.

I am working on...

More drool time. It sounds crazy but was given to me as advice. A wise woman said, "what do you do that totally puts everything on the shelf?" I came up with some lame answers and she responded by saying, "You need to schedule in time during your day when you do nothing - take a walk (even in the rain), read a book, take a bath . . . and don't feel bad about it. You need to shut down your head sometimes. And everybody wins when mom has recharged."

I am going...

To pick up a chair this afternoon that I thought was un-fixable. When we were married we were passed down a beautiful Ethan Allen dining room table and 6 chairs from Travis' Nana and Poppa. We could never have afforded such a lovely set. One of the two arm chairs lost it's arm a little while ago and I thought it was destined for the dump. Nope. There are people who restore furniture for a living and I can't wait to welcome the missing chair back home that's had a makeover and will be good as new.

I am hoping...

That the sun continues. I forgot how much I missed it . . . and how much fun we can have playing in it.

I am reading...

Winnie the Pooh with Haley
A Horse and His Boy with Hannah (book three in the Narnia series)
Just finished Memoirs of a Geisha
And am almost done with a book in which a girl goes back in time and discovers the underground railroad (can't remember the name and usually not one for "back in time" books but the premise is interesting)

I am praying for...
My husband's elbow - he did something at work that tweaked it out and now he has to go through physical therapy and nightly icing (not frosting - ice packs) . . . no fun . . . and right when his back and neck are starting to feel better from the accident . . . oh our bodies - messes I tell ya.
 
I am hearing...
Two little buddies running in the backyard. I have the privilege to watch a friends little guys on Fridays. The six month old is peacefully sleeping while Haley and the almost four year old run around the back yard playing with "life savers" (or light sabers - whatever . . . ) The Fridays that Haley is home just make his day - they are two peas in a pod.

Around the house...

I finally caught up on filing!! I haven't done it for a loooong time (it'd be embarrassing to say how long) and dumped it all in two boxes as we were moving hoping the sorting fairy would show up and make it all disappear. No such luck so I got my tushy down to the garage and spent a few hours on the job but yeah! It looks and feels so much better. New mail comes into the house, pay the bills, then file it! Never again do I want more than a years worth of filing dumped in a box!

One of my favorite things...

Listening to my girls laugh. They are such wonderful friends (most of the time) and they can make each other laugh like no one else can. It cracks me up and puts a smile on my face!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



This is Haley hanging out in my dryer for whatever reason . . . I have no idea why . . . a little over a year ago . . . and here's what I found yesterday . . .


She's a riot . . . always keeps me on my toes and always cracks me up


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.