Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day

It's official . . . tomorrow . . . Decmeber 30th . . . I will be 30 . . . in honor of the big day I thought I'd make a list of the 30 most incredible things I've done in my life so far . . .

1. Be born (is that how you say that?) . . . thanks mom for all the hard work . . .

2. Become a big sister . . . I love you little sis!!

3. Start kindergarten . . . I was one of those sick kids who loved school . . . kindergarten was the beginning of a beautiful thing.

4. Get a library card . . . again with the love of learning . . . I couldn't count the thousands of books I've read since that fateful day

5. Have Diane Lancaster knock on my parents door . . . she faithfully drove me to Sunday School for years and years and years . . . she taught me songs, felt stories about Jesus, and showed the true love of Christ to a little girl.

6. Survive Junior High . . . permed bangs . . . huge Sally Jessy Raphael glasses . . . bad jumpsuits . . . enough said.

7. Travel to China as a student delagate . . . the summer between seventh and eighth grade . . . some of the most amazing memories!

8. Travel with the high school orchestra . . . we went to Disneyland, Whistler, Oregon and much more . . . made so many friends . . . had so much fun . . . wore a rocking uniform . . . good times

9. Travel to Mexico on a mission trip with my incredibly favorite cousins (sensing a theme of travel?!)

10. Going on an action pack filled senior trip with an incredible group of six girls . . . the pixie stick sisters . . . from mini golf to horse back riding to tattoos on our ankles (they were stick ons mom - don't worry) . . . so much laughter and fun

11. Interning with an amazing youth ministry program in Snohomish while attending Community College . . . lots of phone calling. . . lots of crazy experiences . . . lots of kids . . . and lots of learning (thanks Brian for the opportunity)

12. Met my incredible husband . . . from the moment I met him, I knew there was something special about him . . . dating you was so fun!!

13. Getting engaged on a ferry at sunset . . . could anything be more romantic?

14. Getting married to the love of my life . . . a huge fancy church wedding in Bellingham then a gorgeous reception at the cruise terminal . . . all my dreams as a little girl came true!

15. Vacationing in Cabo San Lucas for a week long honeymoon . . . laying on the beach, swimming in the pools, hanging out with my new husband . . . tropical bliss

16. Working at Lynnwood High School . . . a place I never saw myself but never grew more . . . met some incredible people . . . and learned more from the students then I ever taught them

17. Chaperoning the CYSO tour throughout Europe.

18. Having my beautiful older daughter Hannah . . . a long pregnancy filled with bed rest and ultrasounds but worth all the work when I first laid eyes on that sweet girl . . .

19. Infant/Baby Co-op at Edmonds Community College . . . met my bestest mom friend in the world and learned so much about playing with my little baby . . . 

20. Having my beautiful younger daughter Haley . . . a second little girl? Could we be any more blessed?

21. First getting introduced to MOPS . . . a truly life changing experience . . . hope and inspiration and laughter and acceptance as a mom . . . 

22. Buying our first home . . . it was a lot of paper signing, phone conversations with loan officers and realtors . . . and it was fun and exciting from start to finish

23. Joining the MOPS leadership team . . . made the most incredible life-lasting friendship, grew as a woman and a mom . . . developed more leadership skills and was reminded that I am capable of doing something even as a mom

24. Sending my first baby to kindergarten . . . how did the time fly this fast?

25. Traveling to see Beth Moore . . . twice . . . once in Vancouver Canada and once in Spokane Washington . . . looking forward to seeing her this March at the Tacoma Dome . . . whose with me?!

26. Starting a blog . . . thanks Sarah for the inspiration and encouragement . . . it's been such a fun way to document our life, slow down long enough to reflect on our days and share the experience with family and friends.

 27. Standing as a maid of honor in my baby sister's wedding . . . she couldn't have looked more beautiful, married a more wonderful man or had a more special day.

28. Battling asthma . . . sounds crazy but I have learned a lot . . . about my health, about myself, about my friends, about my family . . . and I'd never give those lessons back

29. Traveling to Denver . . . going through an intense round of tests and appointments at National Jewish Hospital and sharing it all with my mom (wow - it's gone full circle to number one hasn't it?!)

30. Turning 30 surrounded by the most incredible team of support . . . a husband that loves me to the end of the earth, two little girls who couldn't be sweeter or bring more joy to my life, a mom and dad who would and have done everything for me, in laws who love me like a daughter and show it all the time, a sister and new brother in law who bring laughter and love to our life, a brother and sister in law adding nephews and nieces to our family, a network of friends who love me no matter what . . . who have seen me at my worst and still love me . . . who make me laugh on an almost daily basis . . . who fill in like family . . . and who make my life better.

I can't imagine a person luckier than I am . . . I can't wait for all this year will bring . . . more dates with my husband, more visits with family, more dinners and adventures with friends, more shopping and dates with the girls, more stories and games and adventures with my daughters, more chapters in my book . . . and more incredible things done . . . happy birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you indeed! I so appreciate your attitude towards life. You are a shining star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday to my absolutely beautiful friend!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.