Thursday, July 14, 2011

A mid July Day Book

Outside my window . . . 
The rain is falling once again. Haley asked me this morning, "Is it still summer Momma?" I said, "Yes." She matter-of-factly responded, "Then why is it so raining?" Good question.

I am thankful . . .
For ten incredible years of marriage . . . ten years ago today I married my best friend, funniest person I ever met and most handsome man on the planet.

I am thinking about . . .
How and when the new swing set will be put together. It was delivered today in a huge semi truck and sits in our garage in multiple boxes awaiting some little shoemaker elves to arrive in the night and miraculously put it all together.

Learning all the time . . . 
That giggling is so important with your kids . . . especially when they are making you crazy. A little silliness can break the mood for everyone and turn the day around.

From the kitchen . . . 
Fresh crab awaiting a delicious dinner. Our generous neighbors brought some over and I can't wait!! My dad owned a boat as a kid and some of my best memories are heading out for some fresh crab then making crab sandwiches when we got home - croissant roll, miracle whip (don't get me started on the mayo/miracle whip debate - there is no debate to be had), avocado, and crab . . . nothing more incredible!!

I am creating . . .
A sanctuary of a bedroom to relax and refresh . . . we were given a beautiful bed frame from some friends who changed their bedroom set. It is fabulous and so inspiring to keep decorating and organizing and truly enjoy the space.

I am working on . . .
Loving well. It's amazing how little changes in attitude can make big changes in the day.

I am going . . . 
On a few day trips with the girls and some friends in the next couple weeks . . .  Daddy could use the time to himself as he refreshes from last school year and plans for the year to come and we could use the fun adventures and trips out of the house . . . I'm thinking the zoo and a beach day.

I am hoping . . . 
For more exciting results from my weigh and measure on Saturday . . . update to come!

I am reading . . .
Glastonbury Tor by LeAnne Hardy . . . I got this amazingly cool opportunity to start reviewing books from a publisher and posting reviews on my blog . . . look for this to come!!

I am praying . . .
For a contracting Momma . . . God has a perfect plan on timing for this little one's arrival but I know how hard it is to wait patiently for the reveal of that timing . . . and the feeling of holding that new born miracle in your arms . . . hang in there sister!!!

I am hearing . . .
The Secret Garden . . . it was one of my favorite books and movies as a kid and now it's so fun to watch my girls enjoy it too . . .

Around the house . . . 
There are plenty of tidying that could be done but who wants to spend time doing tidying?

One of my favorite things . . .
Sitting down to a family game in the evening and laughing together . . . our favorite right now is Hands Down (found it at a garage sale for $1) . . . it's noisy and crazy and silly and sure to bring giggles to the whole crew!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .
Reading stacks and stacks of library books we got on Tuesday . . . there is nothing more exciting to me then new books . . . I love sitting with the girls for as long as we can stand it reading as many new stories as we can until we have to stop to have a snack . . . is there anything better than escaping to your imagination for awhile and sharing that fun with your kiddos? (And where can you spend a fun afternoon for free with your kids exploring the rows of books at the library searching for just the right one . . . or ten . . . or thirty)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .


Happy Anniversary my love!! Thanks for ten years of standing by me, making me laugh, loving me, accepting me, encouraging me, amazing me, giving me two beautiful children, and making my life so full of meaning and purpose . . . here's to the next sixty years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.