Friday, July 22, 2011

Sunny July Daybook

Outside my window . . . 
It's actually sunny!! I can't believe it!!

I am thankful . . .
For the miracle of life . . . sweet Beckett was born last night . . . his momma has had such a looong journey with this pregnancy and his arrival was much anticipated. What an incredible experience and what an awesome Creator - welcome to the world little man!!

I am thinking about . . . 
Nothing . . . the beautiful sunny weather is such a distraction from all brain function..

Learning all the time . . . 
That Target's new produce section looks pretty but has weird pricing . . . who sells a bunch of bananas per banana? Is that even legal? And who only buys one banana?

From the kitchen . . .
Gluten free cooking. We found out a few weeks ago that Hannah is gluten intolerant meaning her system can't take the stuff. She was having lots and lots of tummy aches and feeling pretty sluggish. Our doctor took a blood test and discovered the news. We are experimenting on new recipes and products and are amazed by how much better she is feeling already!!

I am creating . . . 
A list of blessings. A prayer journal has made all the difference - writing out my thoughts and prayers - it's amazed me to realize all the answers to prayers that I might not have noticed had I not wrote them down.

I am working on . .  .
Being intentional with my time with the girls. I don't want to over schedule every minute of every day which I can tend to do but I do want to make sure I am connecting with each of them in a way that speaks their love language . . .  for Hannah it's snuggling and reading a chapter book. For Haley it is cooking or doing dishes in the kitchen together. And for both of them it's sitting down and playing a silly game. Not only does it make them feel happy and loved but it makes me feel happy and remind me the great benefits of being a mom instead of focusing on all the chores.

I am going . . . 
To miss the change in routine of our summer. It's so wonderful to have Travis here with us . . . taking each day as it comes . . . playing lots of games and laughing lots and having lots of wonderful conversations . . . I'm not ready to think about him going back yet . . .

I am hoping . . . 
To add daily exercise and be successful . . . it's been a long time since I have been able to "work out" with my crazy lungs. I actually made it through a Pilates video yesterday. A little sore today but a good sore . . .  

I am reading . . . 
The biography of Bob Barker . . . Come On Down!! (can you get a sillier summer read?!)

I am praying . . . 
For my grandma . . . she has recently moved into an assisted living home and is struggling with the transition. She knows it's the right choice but is mourning the loss of her house and her independence and her old life!! It's not easy to watch but I am praying for sweet friends to welcome her in . . .

I am hearing . . . 
Birds . . . they are probably just as amazed and happy with the sunshine as we are!! (What is that crazy yellow thing in the sky?)

Around the house . . .
I am working on laundry. It's one of those weekly chores that never seems finished. I have transitioned from doing it all the time to doing it only one day a week but seems that as soon as I get it all washed, four more things magically appear in the hamper . . . how do our clothes multiply like that when it seems like we can never find something to wear?

One of my favorite things . . . 
Crystal Light Lemonade . . . it is the most refreshing thing in my life right now. I feel like we go through a pitcher a day . . . and not a little pitcher either . . . a great big delicious icy pitcher . . . yum!!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .
Four days of anniversary celebration with my husband. My mom is taking the girls for us to enjoy some kid-free time . . . it is much needed and much anticipated . . . our official plans are . . . ready for this? . . . NOTHING!! We are so looking forward to sleeping in, drinking coffee, watching movies, going to dinner . . . just enjoying each other and reminiscing on 10 years of time together . . .  (if I ask real nice, I might even get him to watch a bit of our wedding video!! :)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .
My sister-in-law made some INCREDIBLE ribs for dinner this week and my niece Juniper got in on the action . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.