Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Morning Daybook

Outside my window...
Rain and wind . . . fall is finally here.

I am thankful for...
A surrounding network of friends and family that love us and show that love in so many ways.

I am thinking about...
The girls getting home from school. I'm starting to get into a bit of a grove and am enjoying being able to run errands, go to appointments and get housework done but man, do I love when they're back home.

Learning all the time...
How to be patient. I really want to place an order for what I want to happen and when I'd like to happen. Surprise surprise, it doesn't work that way.

From the kitchen...
A crock pot full of chicken awaiting some cocunut curry soup and garlic nan bread . . . yum.

I am creating...
A home full of less stuff . . . I am going through closets, cupboards, and rooms getting rid of all the "stuff" that has accumulated. It's hard to organize spaces when they are to full. It's amazing how much "stuff" we have . . . where did it all come from? And why are we keeping things that we don't need or use? Goodwill . . . here I come.

I am working on...
Being realistic. I tend to set ridiculous expectations on myself and my time. These high expectations only lead to disappointment. A few years ago I started writing "I Did" lists instead of "To Do" lists. It was so encouraging to see all I had accomplished instead of focusing on all that I didn't. . . let me write myself a "to do" list to start that again. . .

I am going...
To read and not feel bad about it. I love reading and do so a lot but usually wait until night when everything is done and kids are in bed. I want to read during the day and not feel like I wasted time . . . or read while the girls are playing and not feel like I should be working. It's good to spend time on something you love . . . I'd give that advice out to others all day . . . maybe I should listen to myself.

I am hoping...
To finish all our laundry soon. I'm tired of folding.

I am reading...
"What I Call Life" by Jill Wolfson. It's a story of a girl who has to move to a group home. She struggles with adjusting and continues to try and fight the truth of what her new life looks like. The author teaches a writing class for teen girls in juvenile prison so she creates these characters, I imagine, from her inside understanding of teens and their feelings.

I am praying for...
For big answers to big questions . . . and fast (see the patience entry!!)

I am hearing...

The washer and dryer. So glad we have them. I couldn't imagine living in the days of washing in the river.

Around the house...
Less stuff . . . piles are accumulating in the garage . . . a donate and a toss pile and man, it's fun to see it grow. And it's super fun to see the areas that are getting de-cluttered.

One of my favorite things...
Coffee. I love love love coffee. It's warm and comforting and a great way to start the day or chat with a friend over a cup. Just pulling out my big cozy mug in the morning makes me happy!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
A football game tomorrow (pray for the rain to hold out for the hour or so), a new weekly evening church program for the kids, gym for Haley, and visiting with some out-of-town relatives over the weekend.

Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing with you...



  
The girls participated in the Pumpkin Run at the local high school. Haley ran a 1/4 mile and Hannah ran 1/2 mile. At the end of the race, they ran through an arch and were handed tiny little pumpkins by high school athletes. Haley wasn't given one right away as she was in the middle of a bunch of kids so she walked to the side and picked up the biggest coolest pumpkin possible. (It was quite hilarious to see these kids from kindergarten through 5th grade carrying around pumpkins the size of an apple and little tiny Haley with a pumpkin the size of her head! I love this kid!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.