Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Saturday Day Book

Outside my window...
Rain . . . and gray clouds . . . and wet things . . . fall is upon us and I actually love it. It's a great day to read books and wear cozy clothes and write a blog post.

I am thankful for...
The ear thingy I finally figured out how to use for my phone. Some people call it a blue tooth. I think my explanation makes way more sense. Who has ever had a blue tooth anyway? And what does it have to do with talking on the phone in your ear? And some people who live in my house but shall remain nameless may say I am technologically retarded for not being able to figure this out until now . . . I say better late than never . . . and you're right - I love it.

I am thinking about...
A great conversation I had with a friend who has moved to Minnesota (on my ear thingy). It was so wonderful to catch up as though we've never left (although I'd much rather have had coffee in person!!)

Learning all the time...
What is gluten free and good . . . Hannah has been feeling so much better since we've eliminated gluten and beef from her diet . . . and we have been doing it a little while now so it's getting easier to feed her!

From the kitchen...
Apples, apples and apples. We went picking today at two different friend's homes and picked a lot. We are planning on making applesauce and apple crisp and apple who-knows-what-else . . . we have a lot of apples. And we have a lot of corn on the cob. On our way home from picking apples, we saw a local farm selling corn on the cob, 4 for a $1. My hubby bought $5 worth . . . 20 ears of corn!! So we're going to make corn sauce and corn crisp . . . just kidding.

I am creating...
This blog post. Is that answer allowed?

I am working on...
Getting rid of more stuff. No cupboard, drawer or closet is sacred in our house right now. The momma machine is attacking each one and being vigorous about adding to the donate pile.

I am going...
On a date tomorrow!!! I can't wait! We are going to see Courageous with two other super fun couples with dinner plans before. Now what to wear . . . I have a pretty hot date to go with me and I want to impress him!

I am hoping...
To finalize some things in the works . . . details to follow when things are finalized . . . hopefully soon.

I am reading...
How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead by Ariel Gore (although I'm not sure if its good yet . . . it's had one offensive word . . . I give a book three before I dump it . . .) And why am I reading it? Because I'm hoping to become a famous writer before I'm dead.

I am praying for...
Patience . . . I know God has perfect timing . . . just wish He'd tell me when that is . . . 

I am hearing...
The washer and dryer. Usually Monday is laundry day around here but we had lots of wet clothes from apple picking . . .

Around the house...
The girls have set up multiple stations of playing . . . you'd think we're opening a preschool center . . . at least they are giggling and having fun . . . and oh the joy they will have cleaning it up! (ok - that was sarcastic if you could hear my tone of voice while you read)

One of my favorite things...
 The knifty knitter . . .



It is so easy, so fun, and so addicting. I love working on it while watching a show or movie at night with Trav. It gives me something productive to do with my hands so I don't feel like I'm rotting my brains out for no reason and it's so satisfying to create hats and scarves. And it looks perfect like you're the most amazing knitter known to man . . . the secret is, I have no idea how to knit . . . if you can wrap yarn around a loom and us a glorified toothpick to loop it over and over and over, you to could look like a professional knitter. (you can buy these at Michaels or other craft stores . . . or find them at thrift stores in their craft section - although you will probably have to buy the hook at the craft store . . . kids can even get in on the fun as it's so blasted easy)


Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing with you...



Haley loves to help cook and sample as we go . . . this was African Peanut soup . . . the most delicious soup ever . . . step by step recipe and directions to follow next time we make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.