Saturday, June 23, 2012

A First-Day-After-Schools-Out Daybook

Outside my window...

Dark now . . . spent the day resting and reading and playing family games. But, we have some lovely rain back in Western Washington. We had some refreshing sun that lasted all of two days and then were back to rain. We might as well expect rain and then be surprised by the occasional sun.

I am thankful for..

Summer vacation. I love our school and the opportunities our kids have at our school but I love having them home and am looking forward to lots of time to snuggle and make some memories.

I am thinking about...

The days and weeks to come. We don't have big plans but lots of little plans to look forward to and lots of days of nothing in between.

From the kitchen...

Some grubbin soup. I bought a "Johnny's Potato Soup Mix" at Costco that is gluten free and can be made into anything. Tonight I made it into a creamy clam potato chowder and it was delicious.

I am creating...

A clean home for our family to enjoy. It's a big transition having four people full time under this roof. I want it to be time together and not time wading through dishes and paperwork. That means a concise system for mom to keep up the day -lies.

I am reading...

Well, just finished a silly mystery about a murder in the PTA. It was a great fluffy start to summer reading. (And prep for a vice-presidency position in the PTA for next year?!)

I am praying for...

Extreme health struggles and hope in a hopeless situation.


I am hearing...

A peaceful quiet house. Two girls sleeping snug in their beds, a Daddy out enjoying an end of year night with the guys and a Momma cozy with a glass of wine and a laptop. And I just listened to greatest giggles from a baby I can't wait to visit. I dare you not to laugh while watching this sweet baby

Around the house...

Tidy, tidy and more tidy. A long time friend came to visit while in town from Denver who has never seen our new home so the deep down tidy was on and it's motivating to keep it up for the summer.

One of my favorite things...

Girls old enough to play together for so long. Although I'm having a difficult time with the transitions happening in our life right now (Haley's kindergarten graduation signifying a full time student next year) it's pretty incredible having them old enough to enjoy Barbies or dress up long enough allowing Mom and Dad to chat over a cup of coffee or enjoy a time of book reading without interruption.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

A birthday party invitation for each girl this weekend. Busy yet fun.

A Picture I am sharing with you...

Haley with her incredible kindergarten teacher Mr. Klein at the graduation that I was not going to cry at but spent my time crying my eyes out. I couldn't be prouder of all she has done this year and can't believe she is officially a first grader next year. When did my baby girl grow up?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.