Thursday, July 26, 2012

My New Personal Trainer

Today I took out my special oldest daughter on a date. We packed our bikes and went for a ride on a beautiful local trail. I was excited to show her a place that I've really enjoyed going for walks the last couple months. We pulled the bikes out of the back of the van (which in and of itself is a workout) and away we went. I was foreseeing a peaceful journey over the river and through the woods building memories and healthy habits with Hannah. And don't get me wrong . . . it was all those things and more. But I may have passed on some over-achieving goal oriented genes. "Let's go Mom. I want to do at least two miles today." What? "Come on Mom. Go a little bit fast up and over this hill." Are you kidding me? "Doing great Mom. Let's see if we can see the next mile marker."

Needless to say, although I had no idea I was training for a triathlon, we biked 2 1/2 to 3 miles today. I love this little girl and am so proud of the young lady she is becoming. I am so thankful to be healthy enough to exercise with her . . . and (I guess) appreciate the free personal trainer I just hired today. As we were putting the bikes in the car she said, "Mom, next time we're gonna walk/jog OK?" Aye yi yi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.