Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Whole Lot of Hoopla

I've discovered something new!! Our public library system is now connected with a website called "Hoopla" and, with your library card, is basically Netflix for free. You can rent up to 10 movies, TV shows, music cds OR audio books!! I listened to my first book - actually a book I've read before but have been wanting to re-read and it was so fun. It allowed me free hands to continue working on a crochet project or play solitaire on the I-Pad but was also nourishing to my brain. And although I have enjoyed watched movies, I love to read and am normally a voracious reading devouring multiple books a month. It's very frustrating currently, when my hands get so shaky from the breathing treatments and I try to read a book. Now - my book reading is back!!




And speaking of books, you must read this one. Its a true story of a busy woman who passes by an 11 year old little boy panhandling on the streets of New York. He asks her for some spare change and she walks right past. For whatever reason, she turns back around and invites him to lunch at McDonalds. Thus begins a long relationship of lunch dates every Monday. They both learn about trust and love and what it means to be a family. I love this book and would give it a 10 out of 10.

Happy reading . . . or listening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.