Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day

To my mom . . . 
Thank you for your life of sacrifice just to be my mom. You were at every concert, every field trip, every play, every event. You made every birthday party amazing. You taught me to play games and never showed any mercy teaching me the importance of trying hard (and maybe you've taught me too well . . . a perfect game?!). You always made me feel loved. And now, the adult relationship we have is one I treasure beyond words. We stay up waaay to late because we have too many things to laugh and talk about. You are the most incredible grandma (of which I always knew would be the case). It's the little things (like a new bag of yarn) and the big things (like spending a week when I had new babies to make sure I didn't lose my mind) that make you the most incredible mother a girl could ask for. Thanks for setting the example of what a mom looks like and still living it out day in and day out.

To my mom-in-law . . . 
I have yet to come up with a different term that doesn't have such a negative social image because our relationship is wonderfully completely different. Thank you for being such an amazing mother to Travis. I get to appreciate the fruits of your labor by marrying a man who was taught to respect women and provide for his family. Thank you for your acceptance and love for me as a daughter supporting and encouraging me from the beginning. Thank you for being an amazing grandma to our girls. And thank you for setting an example of what it means to be a woman of God.

To my sister . . . 
Happy first mother's day!! I am amazed by you as a mom. You are patient and calm and loving. You have an incredible little man that (I can tell you from almost 11 years of mommy experience now) will test every last ounce of your patience, push every last button you've ever had, drain every last speck of your energy and enrich your life beyond your imagination. Welcome to the mommy club!!

To my mommy friends . . . 
It takes a village to raise kids and I am so thankful to be in this village with you all. You make me a better mommy by encouraging me, supporting me, inspiring me and sharing your lives with me. You fill in gaps when I can't, laugh when mommy life is just too ridiculous for words, and remind me just what an amazing job this is.

And finally, to my beautiful little girls . . . 
My whole life I knew I wanted to be a mommy. Almost 11 years ago, my life long dream came true. Since then, the two of you have stretched me beyond where I thought I could go and changed my life in ways I could never have imagine. You both make me laugh sometimes until tears are rolling down my face. I can't imagine life before you nor dream of life without you. I am beyond blessed that God has trusted me enough to give me you to take care of, nurture and love. Thank you for making me a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.