Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Afternoon Day Book

Outside my window... 
Wind is blowing through my giant old trees of which I love to look at. It's reminding me of something Travis' Nana used to say (who lived to be 96 so you should listen!!) . . . if there is wind, then wind's my favorite and if there is sun then sun's my favorite but if there is rain then rain's my favorite. It's such a beautiful attitude of joy in each day down to each detail

I am thankful for..
Friends. I have two doctors appointments next week and two different friends who have offered to drive me - one of which has to go literally back and forth on the freeway four times at 40 minutes each way!! I am beyond blessed. 

I am thinking about...

How quickly the end of the school year is approaching. There are less than 20 days before I will have a 3rd grader and a 6th grade middle schooler?! The years are beyond fast sometimes! 

Learning all the time...
My limits. I have them and my type A, perfectionist self doesn't want to. It's time I wake up and face the music and really embrace the fact that the world does go around without me and life happens whether or not I try and control it (to no avail). There are a lot of things out of my control and I want to control that . . . issues!!

From the kitchen...
My hubby getting his cook on. We have watched enough Food Network now that he is becoming quite the chef. And he's not just cooking amazing food, he's getting the presentation down too. I feel like I'm at a 5 star restaurant sometimes. (We have also been blessed by some great meals from some thoughtful friends and neighbors that have been much appreciated and have given the chef a much needed respite!)

I am creating . . .
Another crochet blanket! What a surprising change of pace (she says oh so sarcastically!!)

I am working on...

Accepting help. It's not easy for me to sit back and be waited on. And I know, I know, I'm not doing it on purpose but, although sometimes I get out of breath just headed to the bathroom and back, I can't help but feel lazy. I'm a doer. I'm a goer. I want to be serving my family in the most mundane ways I used to take for granted and even complain about. It's not easy to sit on my hands and watch things be done for me. But, I need it and it's only my own stubbornness and issues that are a problem. I'm working on that. Ok - I'll start working on that. Ok - I'll talk about working on that and eventually actually work on it.


I am going...
To enjoy Mother's Day this year almost more than ever. I have two beautiful amazing little girls. My whole life, when some little girls wanted to be teachers or nurses or doctors or police officers, I wanted to be a mommy. Not a day goes by that I am not so grateful to have these little people in my life. Let's get real - not everyday is it a wonderful glorious job - but I am grateful everyday for two healthy little gifts that made me a mommy. And as hard as these last few months have been, those two little people have given me more of a reason to fight that anything else!

I am hoping...
To get to Spokane next weekend. I have had tickets to go see Beth Moore since December. With this asthma exacerbation, I have had to clear the calendar and cancel many events. I know it's not going to be easy and I know I'm going to be exhausted but I'm hoping and praying and wishing on stars and knocking on wood and everything else possible that I can be up to making the trip. There is definitely a physical part to this journey. I need rest and breathing treatments and doctor's appointments and medications. But, there is also a huge mental/emotional/spiritual side to this as well and I need to fill that area up so I can face this thing some more.

I am reading...
(Or listening on Hoopla) "The Wedding Dress" by Rachel Hauck. It's a sweet story of a woman who buys a trunk at an auction and finds an old wedding dress inside. The book then tells the stories of each of the women who wore the vintage dress going back as far as 1912. Kind of fluffy and kind of fun.

I am praying for...
A family who just lost their dad/son/brother/husband/nephew/cousin/friend way to early to cancer. He was about Travis age with two little girls the same ages as ours. It hit home. We are going through a hard medical time . . . but I am still here to fight. There are times when there are not even words to say . . . or to know what to pray specifically for . . . so I'm just praying for them.

I am hearing...

A fan. I know. It's windy outside and probably cool in my house but I'm on steroids remember? Fun side effect #72 - I'm smokin' hot . . . and I don't mean it in a fun, attractive sort of way. I mean it in a I'm-really-hot-and-need-a-fan-and-a-tank-top-even-though-its-probably-60-degrees-and-raining-so-leave-me-alone. (maybe the steroids make me a little edgy too?!)

Around the house...
Tidying chaos. Travis is doing an amazing job of carrying the load of two people and the girls are plenty old enough and they are helping with odd jobs but like it or not, there are just some Mom jobs and tidying is one of them. I know where stuff goes, I see things that other people around here don't seem to notice and when I make it downstairs, I kinda go a little buggy. Let me add to my "I am thankful for . . . " list. I am thankful for a friend who is coming over to my house to tidy. I'm gonna sit in my cozy chair and shed some light on the appropriate location for all the tidy problems and she will put them in their places. Thankfulness.

One of my favorite things...

My pillow. It's not a small thing to have a pillow that fits just right. Thank you Costco for your side-sleeper memory foam pillow that brings me great joy and comfort. 

Here is some picture thoughts I am sharing with you...


Three Sweet Buddies

Danananananananana . . . Bat James!!

Sleepy Little Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.