Friday, May 2, 2014

Still Writing . . .

Still down . . . still nebbing . . . still watching Netflix . . . still writing down titles . . . still like watching the ever growing list for the sake of watching it grow . . .


With a sometimes confusing jump back and forth between current and past, a young boy learns about the history of his family's home and begins to solve the mystery of a jewel thief all the while awaiting news of his dad's safety in the war. I'm not in love with it but didn't hate it either. How's that for a neutral review?


I went back to my roots with the documentary about the competitive world of Irish step dancing. It was a lot of fun, amazing dances and I couldn't help but fall in love with the little red head who refers to her grandma as "my wee guardian angel and all."

 

Haley and I watched this movie and laughed our way through the silly antics of two dads who have recently lost their jobs attempt to start a preschool. The kids are hilarious and the story is quite endearing.


The summer between 7th and 8th grade, I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to travel to china with a student delegation program. It was incredible and one of which I'll never forget. This 6 part series showed the culture, people, landscape, and animals of all the regions of China. I was captivated by this visual masterpiece and hung on every word of history and current times. I loved it and would totally watch it again!

 

This series, about a non-speaking boy with autism and his father's desire/attempt to understand him, is exciting, heartwarming, surprising and fun to watch. Each episode is like a mini-movie as the boy and his numbers or sequences set off clues connecting what seems like completely unrelated people and events in amazing ways. I'm really enjoying watching this show.

ON WEDNESDAY, DISASTER STRUCK. NETFLIX WENT DOWN. IT MAY SEEM LIKE A SMALL ANNOYANCE TO SOME BUT WHEN YOU ARE LAID UP RE-COOPING FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, THE POWER OF A DISTRACTING SHOW OR MOVIE IS MIGHTY. I ALMOST LOST MY MIND. THEN, TRAVIS TOLD ME TO CHECK OUT HULU . . . AND ALL WAS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD. THANK YOU HULU FOR FILLING IN THE GAPS.


In the past, I have watched five minutes of each episode of this show after New Girl because my DVR has taped it. It has made me laugh but I had NO idea just how funny it was until now when I've started at Season 1 and laughed my way through episode after episode. Mindy (in real life) is an amazing writer, the cast is fun and the show is just flat hilarious. Some quotes that have cracked me up . . .

* The two most attractive things about a woman are her behind and her brain; the badunkadunk and the bathinkathink
* Oh you gotta get a shower caddy. It falls on you sometimes but it’s worth it
"
* I’m sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye in person but honestly it’s probably for the best because you would have started to cry then I would have started to cry and nobody wants to see somebody from the army cry because it’s bad for our nation
* I am not overweight. I fluctuate between chubby and curvy"
* There’s no such thing as closure. That’s just something Dr. Phil made up and the funeral industry.
AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE: 
* Midwife - "There is a strong connection between panic and asthma" Mindy - "You can’t just wave a dream catcher at a respiratory condition.
And yes - I have been writing them down because they make me giggle and I wanted to make you giggle too!

 

In this silly and yet endearing comedy, a daughter is faced with the responsibility of sorting out her father's alleged funeral while dealing with the dynamic between his six wives. It's actually quite sweet and an enjoyable little movie.

Another week clocked in. I wish I had the ability to see into the future and know just how long this madness will last. In the meantime, I'll pretend like I wanted to sit around for days upon days upon weeks at a time. The irony is, if someone gave me permission in the middle of my busy healthy life to put my feet up for a week and watch movies and read books and do crossword puzzles and take naps, I'd jump at the chance and take a stay-cation. Maybe I should pretend that's the case . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.