Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Countdown Is On . . .

As you may or may not know, my little sister is getting married mid-July. And she has asked me to be her matron of honor (not sure about the old sounding matron part but still an incredible honor).

We went shopping months and months ago for bridesmaids dresses and Melissa picked the sweetest strapless, summer colored dress with pockets!! It's adorable and I can't wait to wear it . . . and here lies the problem . . . one of the most fabulous side effects of prednisone (she says sarcastically) is weight gain - and lots of it . . . which means my sweet dress is almost three sizes smaller than me right now . . .

I know, I know, this is not the biggest crisis as I've gone through so many moments of life-threatening illness over the last couple months that I am so thankful to be out of the hospital, with my family and able to attend my sisters wedding. Practically though, I need and want to fit into this dress . . .

Over the past few months, my body has only been in recovery mode (which has not included the ability to exercise as my lung function was limited) . . . BUT (thanks be to God), I am now able to move and exercise . . . so, now starts the countdown. I have a little less than 2 months and a lofty goal to get my body back into shape . . . not perfect size 0 . . . but a healthy weight under the circumstances . . . . and not achieved by ridiculous unhealthy ways . . .but by intentional exercise . . .

On Tuesday I went to Zumba and today I did the Zumba 20 minute work out followed by the "Pilates for Wimps" DVD . . . it says something on the DVD that says "exercise for the partially motivated" . . . that about sums it up!!

So - all this to say, pray for continued health and strength and pray for the transformation of my body - from an unhealthy vessel requiring bucket loads of medication and treatments just to breath - into a healthy, well managed machine that is able and ready to walk down the aisle in support of my sweet sister and her new chapter . . . HERE GOES NOTHING . . .

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.