Friday, June 25, 2010

Day Eight . . .

Today Travis and I went on an adventure . . . we drove out to Temecula, California where there are over 40 wineries to see. The girls stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while we ventured out . . .


We stopped at two little wineries along the way and eventually landed at the Callaway winery and it's wonderful little cove of a restaurant called Meritage. We sat overlooking the vineyards and ate the most incredible food including a mushroom risotto, an unbelievably good cheese and fruit plate, and homemade bread with pesto sauce. It was amazing and felt as though we had just landed in rural Italy . . .

When we arrived back at our villa, we took the kids for a swim and renamed them "Fish" and "Minnow" as they have officially sprouted gills . . . they can't get enough of the pool and get braver each day . . .

Although I'm in love with our sweet home in Washington and adore the friends and family we have there, I don't want to leave this place!! I am so glad that we have more time here and I don't want to rush the rest of it by talking about the end . . . but I don't want to go home!! You can't make me!! Please let me stay!!!

Okay . . . I'll stop acting like a two year old, enjoy our vacation and return home at the appropriate time like a proper adult . . . but it's not going to be easy! We're living quite the life down here in the sunshine . . . not sure we could sustain this resort poshy livin' on a teachers salary . . . maybe some wealthy Californian could adopt us?! Any takers?! No? Okay - I'll just stay super thankful we have this experience now . . . as we sing to the kids, this is the day the Lord has made . . . we will rejoice and be glad in it!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.