Friday, September 17, 2010

Beth Moore . . .

I've mentioned her before - I love her to pieces . . . I have been so blessed and have grown so much with her studies and books . . . just got a new one in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to dig in . . . check out the promo video - then get you some Beth Moore!!

http://vimeo.com/12773519

FYI - I've done Living Beyond Yourself (fruit of the spirit - AMAZING!!), A Woman's Heart, Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman (very relevant and you can't help but respond to the challenges set before you), Stepping Up (a journey through the Psalms of ascent - so much great history), The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (one of the most difficult but well worth the effort), So Long Insecurity (not a study - just a book - a MUST READ for every woman - even if you don't think you struggle from insecurity - it's part of our womanly make up and this book will change the way you think about yourself and your sisters around you). Praying God's Word (an ongoing process - have the book and the box of scripture cards - they are wonderful - I use them as bookmarks so I'm looking at them all the time . . . also leave them around the house, on my hubby's night stand, bathroom counter etc. so they can encourage and remind us on a daily basis), Loving Well Retreat in a Box (we've used this fun and fabulous video and study for MOPS leadership training - it would make a fun grown up slumber party with a bunch of friends!), 90 Days with Jesus (a daily devotional in a beautiful hard bound book - it was an amazing journey - and I didn't finish it in 90 days - it took longer - but worth finishing!), Get Out of That Pit (also not a study but another MUST READ BOOK!!! It truly transformed my life - it transformed the way I looked at my past and my issues and my freedom available to me from Christ and how to avoid falling right back into the same old pit you climbed out of - I re-read this one often!!)

Amazon is a great place to buy these as sometimes you can buy a new book through the used section - people get rid of their books. Also, Christian Book Distributor is a great website to buy all kinds of encouraging books including Beth Moore at discount prices . . . lots of deals if you buy multiple copies too (if you're going to do a group study) . . . the teaching videos that go along with each study are spendy but TOTALLY worth every penny . . . a lot of churches are willing to buy them for corporate use - or you could combine resources as a group of friends (not necessary though - you can do the studies without the videos). . . enjoy - grow - learn - laugh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.