Monday, March 15, 2010

Home at Last

Ahhh . . . who knew my four little walls could hold so much peace . . . I am officially home, in my bed, enjoying the fresh air out my window and the sweet sounds of my sweet girls pattering around . . . thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes over the past seven days - I received 16 emails delivered to my hospital bed over the weekend and it was so precious . . . so I ask again . . . keep them coming . . . I have 2-3 weeks of "rehab" to do at home - no shopping, no church, no life group, no mops, no play dates, no walking excessively - just rest . . . in order to do this, I'm gonna need lots of cheerleading - lots of emails, cards, posts and texts - I'm relying on my cheerleading staff to buoy me through . . . I love each of you and my life is more complete since I've known you . . .

I am forever grateful to the staff of Providence Hospital Colby Campus - I was treated with the utmost respect and dignity - and built so many relationships - from the food service to the cleaning staff to each of the respiratory therapists and nurses who watched me, treated me and cheered for me around the clock - I am so grateful. I left via wheelchair with a huge smile in my face and alligator tears down my cheeks - the staff at Providence gave me my life back (and was there at the push of a button to refill my ice water or make me more comfortable.) To all those who serve so self-lessly day and night - you know who you are and you are appreciated . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.