Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just Breath . . .

Okay - so, still asthmatic, still nebbing too much and still on lots of medication. . . that part is frustrating . . . on the positive side, I have a lot of time to sit . . . and sit. . . and think . . . and focus on breathing . . . and sit. This got very frustrating very quickly (and if you've known me at all - even in small doses - I don't like to sit long) . . . God has given me a gift this week of what sitting and breathing can be though - it's a miracle . . . it's a gift . . . and I'm noticing little things - like how slow but incredible plants grow from seed (what a miracle) and how the wind changes the look of the same tree in thousands of different possibilities in a short period of time (what a miracle) and how smart my kids are when they are challenged to think on their own (Travis is playing a dice math game with Hannah and she is rising to the occasion) and how inticate our bodies were woven together to do what they do without us telling them what to do . . .

And I promise this asthma bout is not turning me into a beatnick poet . . . and I promise I will not blog about each of my musings as they come - it'd be waaay over sharing . . but I will post a few pictures from a photo shoot with had a few weekends ago with Jamie Smith of Focal Point Photography that I have been enjoying looking at - focusing on the joy of just breathing . . . no matter the struggle - each breath is a gift and I wouldn't want to trade a single one . . .









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.