Monday, August 9, 2010

Medicine - a blessing or a curse?

I woke up this morning with conflicting feelings about medication. Take for example, the medication they put into my nebulizer to open up my breathing passages to breath better . . .. obviously an important medication for me and very needed when it's time. As soon as I finish the medicine however, I am left with a pound of side effects like shaky hands, racing heart, exhaustion, and back pain . . . good times.

Or, for example, what about the pile of medication I am taking each day to combat the side effects of the other medications I'm taking . . . anybody?!

Yes - I'm thankful for the modern medicine we are blessed with in our country but can't help but think it's not all it's cracked up to be each day . . . and if you don't have to, don't do drugs . . . that's my public service announcement for the day . . . make it a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.