Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday Morning Update

I am so happy to say that yesterday was a success. There was finally a break in the case. I was able to sleep most of the day and even made it to all of the scheduled breathing treatments without having to request any in between. I was able to take some deep - and I mean actually deep - breaths without coughing my head off. I actually saw a little light at the end of the tunnel that for the first time, I don't think it's just another train!!

The plan for the day is to transfer me from IV steroids to oral steroids again as that will be what I'll be taking at home and see if I am able to successfully tolerate the transition. They also want me to be able to successfully take a slow but steady walk around the floor without dropping too drastically in my oxygen sat. If I can pass all these tests, and if I can have another good night of scheduled breathing treatments, I get to go home tomorrow!! I am excited, hopeful, a bit hesitant/nervous but overall relieved. It's been a long time coming but, like with most things in life, the harder it is, the sweeter the reward and laying my head on my own pillow in my own bed is going to be a sweet reward!

And because these continue to be my favorite parts of my days, I present to you daily pictures of my nephew James:




I guess he actually slept 5 hours in a row last night so he's one happy camper today (and looking quite dapper in his little jeans!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.